a unique gathering
download the report
A report detailing the whole forum is available for download, and for re-distribution under a Creative Commons license.
- Download a screen-optimized PDF (8 MB).
(also available wrapped in .ZIP here if you have trouble downloading the PDF)
- Download a print-optimized PDF (69 MB).
why we met
The 2011 Healthy by Nature forum took place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The forum opened on September 20th with a reception at the University of British Columbia’s Beaty Biodiversity Museum, then continued for the following three days at Creekside Community Recreation Centre, the former site of the 2010 Olympic Village.
The forum presenters discussed the extensive evidence of the health and well-being benefits from spending time in nature. Through discussions, workshops and networking, the forum explored the integration the Healthy by Nature principles into different sectors, as well as next steps for collaborative action.
The forum achieved its four goals:
- To share knowledge and build awareness about the critical relationship between human health and access to natural areas.
- To foster linkages between and within diverse sectors of interest for individual and community well-being.
- To identify best practices, strategies and tools that will enable individuals and communities to deepen their connection with natural areas and reap the benefits that result.
- To contribute to a global movement that is improving human health and well-being through spending time in natural areas.
the September 2011 program
Download the Healthy by Nature 2011 Program Guide (3 MB PDF).